Thursday, October 7, 2010

Well if thats movin up, baby, I'm movin out.


Its official. I am moving on. My time here has ended (well I ended it 7 weeks early). I just wasn't happy, fulfilled, or useful. So... I am moving to Cape Town. I'm sure this comes as no surprise to any of you that know me, that I would just move away. Par for the course that is my life.


My epiphany of how badly I needed to get out of here came last weekend. We went out for pizza at the Pot N Plow. There were two American boys there who were stopping in town before heading to the Waterberg. Long story short, I drunkenly piled into a car with three drunk dudes and a deaf housekeeper and drove 5 hours in the middle of the night to god knows where. I ended up spending the next day with Terry, an easy going middle-aged bald South African. I spent three hours in a mall in Pretoria (malls are still huge here). We had a nice braai (bbq) and looked at the stars and talked about life and the universe and marriages and all sorts of stuff, and the next day I drove with him and some of his staff back to Haenertsburg (he was on his way to his lodge by Kruger). It ended up being great. HOWEVER... it was absolutely stupid of me to have gone. It could have ended horribly. I could have been raped and kidnapped and murdered. My gut, which is usually right, told me these things weren't going to happen; but god, I never SHOULD have gotten in their car and drove off. I realized it was an absolute act of desperation to be free of my current location, companions, and situation. I realized (with the help of my wise mother) that it was time to throw in the towel.


So Cape Town, here I come! I will be working with the Earthchild Project (http://www.earthchildproject.org/). I will be subletting... errrr... somewhere. I will be hanging out with PYRO!!! Woot woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment