Friday, August 21, 2009

Edgar the loveable

So a two days ago I went for a run and I passed by a big ole dog. Me being me, I gave him a head rub and talked to him a bit and ran on, and he apparently liked it so much he decided to come! He ran with me for at least half a mile, probably more (i'm bad with distances). Sometimes he bounded next to me smiling, sometimes he'd run ahead, and sometimes I'd loose him behind me, but turn around to see him chasing to catch up. I named him Edgar. Eventually we passed by some boys who had bread, and I didn't see Edgar again.

Until my next run when I saw him sitting on the side of the road. I was so happy to see him and gave him some good petting, and told him to "Stay" as I ran home (and he did).

Last night, I was coming in from a crazy night in Bodrum at around 4. I was walking from the point on the main street where public transportation drops you off to my house and I was really in a shit tastic angry mood. And then I saw him, curled up in a driveway. EDGAR!!! I walked up to him, a little scared to wake such a big, fully balled dog, but he was happy to see me! I sat down and hugged him and cuddled and rubbed his belly. I needed his loving to fix my sour mood. And when I started to walk home. He came. He came right up to the house. I brought him out some cold cuts but he didn't want them. He wanted to stay with me and wouldn't take no for an answer. I tried to shut him out on the porch and he stood by the door looking in. So I caved. I totally brought him inside and all the way up the roof (where I was sleeping) and he without any hesitation curled up next to the bed and slept there. I fell asleep to the sound of him licking *ahem* himself. This morning I woke up with his head nudging me to get up, and let him out. It was awesome. Don't tell Guner.

No comments:

Post a Comment